Community and Culture Committee
Monday, 09 August 2021
Skype Online Meeting
OATH OF OFFICE OR AFFIRMATION OF OFFICE
All Georges River Councillors are reminded of their Oath of Office or Affirmation of Office made at the time of their swearing into the role of Councillor.
All Councillors are to undertake the duties of the office of Councillor in the best interests of the people of the Georges River Council area and are to act faithfully and impartially carry out the functions, powers, authorities and discretions vested in them under the Local Government Act 1993 or any other Act to the best of their ability and judgement.
DISCLOSURES OF INTEREST
All Georges River Councillors are reminded of their obligation to declare any conflict of interest (perceived or otherwise) in a matter being considered by Council or at any meeting of Council.
Community and Culture
2. ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF COUNTRY
3. APOLOGIES / LEAVE OF ABSENCE
4. NOTICE OF WEBCASTING
5. DISCLOSURES OF INTEREST
6. PUBLIC FORUM
COM027-21 Confirmation of the Minutes of the Community and Culture Committee meeting held on 12 July 2021
(Report by Executive Services Officer)....................................................................... 4
8. COMMITTEE REPORTS
COM028-21 Adoption of Community Engagement Policy 2021
(Report by Coordinator, Communications and Engagement)............................. 10
Item: COM027-21 Confirmation of the Minutes of the Community and Culture Committee meeting held on 12 July 2021
Author: Executive Services Officer
Directorate: Office of the General Manager
Matter Type: Previous Minutes
That the Minutes of the Community and Culture Committee Meeting held on 12 July 2021 be confirmed.
Unconfirmed Minutes - Commuity and Culture Committee 12 July 2021
Georges River Council - Community and Culture - Monday, 9 August 2021
COM027-21 Confirmation of the minutes of the previous meeting held on 12 July 2021
[Attachment 1] Unconfirmed Minutes - Commuity and Culture Committee 12 July 2021
Item: COM028-21 Adoption of Community Engagement Policy 2021
Author: Coordinator, Communications and Engagement
Directorate: City Strategy and Innovation
Matter Type: Committee Reports
That Council adopt the updated Community Engagement Policy 2021 attached to this report.
1. A review of Council’s Community Engagement Policy has been undertaken and minor amendments to the Policy are recommended to ensure consistency with legislation and other Council strategies and policies.
2. Council’s Community Engagement Policy 2021, which is supported by the Community Engagement Strategy (2018-2028), demonstrates Council’s commitment towards best practice engagement with the community.
3. The Community Engagement Policy (Version 1) was adopted by Council in June 2017 and was due for review in June 2021.
4. A review of the Policy has occurred with key internal stakeholders and the Policy continues to be fit for purpose, relevant and current, with only minor amendments being proposed to provide further clarification.
5. The amendments include:
· Transferring ownership of the Policy from the Office of the General Manager to the City Strategy and Innovation Directorate
· Updates to position titles
· Updating of definition of Council Official to ensure consistency with legislation (Code of Conduct)
· Clarification regarding direct feedback to reflect current practice, and
· Clarification that the Policy is delivered through the Community Engagement Strategy.
6. No budget impact for this report.
7. No risks identified.
8. Community engagement was conducted in 2017 for the establishment of the Policy.
9. As the proposed amendments are minor and do not change the substance of the Policy, further consultation is not necessary.
Community Engagement Policy 2021 - Version 2