Environment and Planning
CCL092-16 SSROC Provision of Improving Recycling and Contamination Management in Multi Unit Dwellings (MUDs)
(Report by Coordinator Sustainability & Waste, Jenny Gustafson)...................... 2
Item: CCL092-16 SSROC Provision of Improving Recycling and Contamination Management in Multi Unit Dwellings (MUDs)
Author: Coordinator Sustainability & Waste, Jenny Gustafson
Directorate: Environment and Planning
Matter Type: Environment and Planning
(a) That the report be received and noted.
(b) That the separate report on this agenda relating to SSROC Provision of Improving Recycling and Contamination Management in Multi Unit Dwellings (MUDs) be considered in closed session, in accordance with the provisions of Part 1 of Chapter 4 of the Local Government Act 1993, Section 10A (2) (c) as it is considered the information, if disclosed, confers a commercial advantage on a person with whom the Council is conducting (or proposes to conduct) business.
1. This report is presented to Council to consider the recommendations of the Southern Sydney Regional Organisation of Councils (SSROC) tender evaluation panel for an education and engagement program to improve recycling and contamination in Multi Unit Dwellings (MUDs).
2. In June this year, the SSROC facilitated a tender for Provision of Improving Recycling and Contamination Management in MUDs.
3. The project titled ‘Improving Recycling and Contamination Management in MUDs’ aims to improve waste infrastructure, education signage and engagement on correct recycling procedures.
4. In addition to Georges River Council, five (5) other SSROC Councils agreed to participate in this tender.
5. There were four (4) tender submissions received from the following organisations (in alphabetical order):
· APrince Consulting
· Cleanaway Waste Management Ltd
· EC Sustainable Pty Ltd
· MRA Consulting Group Pty Ltd
6. A tender assessment panel was formed compromising of:
· Procurement & Contracts Manager - SSROC
· Regional Strategic Coordinator – SSROC
· Sustainability & Resource Recovery Officer – Inner West Council
· Coordinator Sustainability & Waste – Georges River Council
· Coordinator Procurement – Georges River Council
7. Submissions were assessed as outlined in the confidential report.
8. The total project budget is $220,000 funded from an SSROC grant
9. Georges River Council is required to contribute an additional $25,000 to the project allocated from the existing 2016/17 NSW EPA Waste Less, Recycle More funds. For the provision of marketing and promotional material.